Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Better get out and work on the bank!"

Just a little inside joke between my sister Amy and myself. So one of the great benefits of living in a place receiving 50" of rain each year is our opportuity to grow all kinds of great things in our garden. It started out as a small project and has turned into MUCH more than originally anticipated. My original space started out being about 15'x20' with two tiers, but now has grown to be 15'x60'.

Chase and Nolan loved making the signs that are posted by each item. Nolan likes to water whenever he gets the opportunity, but it usually turns into a water fight where we are trying to get the hose away from him while he sprays Chase.

Chase likes to walk through the garden and count all the plants. He reminds me every day where each plant is and the name of each plant. I'm really excited for all the hard work to pay off and actually eat ANYTHING out of the garden.

The garden includes 50 strawberry plants, 18 raspberry bushes, 2 peach trees, 6 cucumber and tomato plants, 8 bell pepper plants, corn, green beans, peas, carrots, sunflowers, and wildflowers.










5 comments:

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Wow, your yard is so big! I bet you guys don't miss the 10' x 10' yards here in AZ!

Nicole H. said...

NICE! Have you seen Stephs most recent post? So strange how life changes and people end up in such different places. I would so love to have a garden. Not that I'd have ANY idea how to do it. I love the signs the boys made. Super cute. Need some more pictures of those adorable kids btw.

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Yummy! I'm just waiting for the day when we actually have a yard!

Amy said...

Only if I can get a carne asada burrito at lunch time. Oh and can you set the radio to noventa seis punta dos!

Rheads said...

Impressive! You go girl!