Sunday, January 13, 2008

My New Running Partner

So my dreams as a mom and runner have finally come true. Chase got a bike for Christmas and he is pretty fast. The other day I was getting ready to go for a run and Hank mentioned that I should take Chase. I didn't really want to. Hank decided to mention it to Chase and there was no way I would say no at that point. We both got bundled up (it was 45 degrees outside) and we were off. Hank (& Nolan) drove the car next to us just in case Chase got tired. He made it 2.5 miles before he said he was ready for a break and hopped in the car. I was so excited I would no longer have to push him in the jogger (it lightened my load by 40 pounds)!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah Chase! I am glad he likes to ride his bike--he looks so cute! (decided against the Dora bike, I see :)!)

That is such a great idea to have him ride along side!

--Jen Roper

Cheynna Sutherland said...

It makes me smile to see Chase on a bike!

Krissy said...

That's what I need, a four year old to ride a bike next to me to get me to run. I love to run Jess, but finding the time or should I say giving up precious time away from my kids after work or giving up sleeping time in the morn is so hard for me to do. This whole working full time and finding my time to run has been such a challenge for me. Any ideas? Email me @ khutchin@wcfgroup.com I love to look at the scenery around your pictures. I think I would like where you live! So pretty, but maybe too humid? Hope you are all doing well, keep posting!

Amber said...

Jessica!!! It's Amber Rohner from Cloud Creek Ward! Too crazy that I found you guys... I saw you on someone's blog under Hank and Jessica and I thought, might as well give it a shot and here you are! So how are you liking Georgia? I am sad that we didn't get to hang out before you guys left but I am glad you guys got your house sold. Anyway, send me a message if you have time!

Amber