Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Trip to the Big City (Atlanta)

After living here for a nearly year, it was time to explore outside Lagrange and take a trip north to Atlanta. In our summer reading, we have been reading a lot about transportation so I thought it would be fun to take the MARTA (Atlanta's Rapid Rail System). Each night at bedtime, we would talk endlessly about our upcoming trip. You would have thought we were embarking on the greatest adventure of our life...to have the mind of a child would be great! As the day approached I thought the boys might be disappointed once they realized what this "big trip" entailed. I think the pictures tell a thousand words, they were ecstatic from start to finish!

We started off driving to the MARTA station at College Park, just north of the airport. The boys would not even turn their heads for a picture. They just wanted to look out the windows and watch all the things we were passing.






Our first stop was the Olympic Centennial Park. This was the site of the gathering during the 1996 Summer Olympic Games. There are large Olympic Rings in the middle of the park that squirt water daily. Chase loved it!



We also decided to go to the Children's museum, which was the highlight of the trip! The boys had so much fun that we decided to buy the season pass. I had to drag both kids out of there after 3 hours of playtime.



Nolan was the "volunteer" during story and music time. When asked what his name was he said "Peter Man". He has a pair of PJ's that have Peter Pan on them and Hank has confused him by calling him Peter Pan on a regular basis. I guess he really thinks that is his name...funny kid!





Inside one of the exhibits they have a huge piece of plexi-glass for the kids to paint. Since I am a little OCD I do not let activities such as these take place at my house. I am so glad that I can now use my season pass to take my kids to the Museum to paint and the mess is left behind. Chase kept looking at me and I could tell he was wondering if this activity would be okay for him to participate in!










ALL in ALL a great day!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

It's so nice to have a new posting by you!!! What fun! I can't believe you don't let your kids have paint in the house!!!! Ha Ha!

the Villamor's said...

I can't wait to go back!!

Nicole H. said...

Wow, that looks like one amazing day for two super little boys! Or should I say one super little boy and Peter Pan? I love it! Does he want to grow up? ;) Wish we could come do fun things like that with you. It's much to hot here to do much of anything really. Pool is about it and even that has lost it's luster these days. I agree it is so nice to see a new post from you. I am sorry I am so bad at keeping in touch.

Rheads said...

Good times! I love those "Memory Building" Adventures! We miss you guys!

Jocelyn said...

Looks like a fun day! Thanks for the comment on my blog about boys... I have to say, seeing people like you, with boys, makes me get really excited for it. I WAS totally shocked because I was so SURE they were both girls. Your 2 look like such buds that it makes me excited for the same thing with my kids. Anyway... I laughed when you said Chase was looking at you for approval before he started painting! That is hilarious, and I am a little OCD too, so it's going to be an adjustment having kids around, I'm sure.

The Bryner Bunch said...

Looks like quite the adventure! I'm glad that your boys had fun and they are getting so big!

Angie Whitman said...

Museums are so fun. Sounds like another staple for you guys...replacing the swimming pool at the club!:) Hope your doing good and miss you!