Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day Dad!

I once heard a quote that reads, "Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." Through the past 35 years I've had many ups and downs in life. I'm so blessed to have a dad who has always stood by my side. One thing my Dad told me that I still use to this day was when he told me, "Son, tomorrow is another day." At the time I still may have been too immature to truly understand the words of wisdom he relayed to me. However, now that I'm older, I've used that quote more times than he will ever know. I've had great opportunities in my life and never went without anything. Whenever I have felt down or upset, I use that quote my Dad gave me to realize that I control my mood, actions, happiness, and life. I know that the following day is a chance for me to start fresh.

Thank you Dad! Thank you for being a teacher, a friend, a counselor, a hard worker, an example of love and kindness, and thank you for giving me a lifetime of unconditional love.

I have 3 favorite pictures of me and my dad. The first is a picture of when my dad dropped me off at school in Utah. I couldn't have been more excited to get into my own apartment and have a new chapter of my life begin at school. The picture is of my Dad and me on the front steps of the apartment. For whatever reason, I look about a foot taller than my dad. I love that picture because I really felt that I was finally doing what I should be doing in my life, and that my Dad was proud of my decisions. I looked everywhere for the picture, but I cant seem to find it. Trust me, it's a good one.

The second picture I have of my Dad is a picture (again) of the two of us. We were in Maui at Haleakala. We had to get up at 2am to get a van ride up the volcano and then ride our bikes down the volcano to the bottom. It was freezing on top of this volcano, and I remember walking out away from everyone with my dad and watching the sun come up. We didn't talk a whole lot while the sun came up that morning, but I felt the love my Dad had for me and I felt that we had a mutual bond that could never be broken.




The last picture I have is of my Dad and Chase on Memorial Day in 2005. They were eating Oreo's and having some kind of grandpa/grandson conversation. I'm so glad I have such a great relationship with my Dad and I'm so happy he loves my family and is such a big part of my families life. I love you Dad! Happy Fathers Day!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such sweet posts about your dad's. Both of you, do, have amazing fathers!

Glad you guys had fun in CA. Your boys are getting so big! They are so cute.

--Jen Roper