Thursday, June 12, 2008

Children of the Corn

Finally the fruits of our labor prevail. We just harvested about 9 ears of corn from our garden (minus the 2 that Nolan has already eaten). The ears are only between 6"-9" long and have about a 4"-6" circumference, but it is the sweetest corn I have ever tasted. I pulled an ear off the plant and peeled back the husk. I was a little hesitant, but I bit right into the raw corn and it was great. Nolan couldn't get enough and we had to stop him at 2 ears. We are still harvesting the beans, peas, and flowers.


The cucumbers and tomatoes are coming along and we should be eating those within the next 2-3 weeks. I'm expecting my raspberry and strawberry plants to start producing again in about a month or so. We've also had an abundance of flowers (See Picture Below) it's great because Chase helped me pick all the flowers and then surprised Jessica at the front door with a huge bouquet. It actually looks better in person than it does in the picture.


The other fun thing going on right now is the abundance of fire-flies and frogs. The other night, Chase, Nolan, Trent, Steve and I went out on Safari and went on the hunt for fire-flies. We had a blast chasing the fire-flies around the yard and putting them all in a bug catcher. Overall, we are all having a great time in GA!

1 comment:

Troy and Rauchelle Richey said...

Are they getting ready to throw the corn at the trolley?

How are you all doing?