Thursday, February 19, 2009

"No Screaming at the Table!"

Growing up with 6 children there was never a quiet moment, especially at the dinner table. My mom was notorious for saying "no screaming at the table."

A few nights ago Hank and I sat down at the table with Chase and Nolan hoping to have a nice quiet family dinner, chalked full of good conversation with our boys. Once the screaming began Hank said "stop, stop..." I thought he meant stop screaming but no, he wanted the boys to stop for a second so he could get it on video. I am surrounded by too much testosterone...I think we may need a girl in this family!

Notice Nolan's crying at the end...somehow he found way to blame Chase, as if he wasn't a part of it...I am preparing myself for the teenage years.

12 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my word...Ryan and I are dying laughing at your boys. They scream as high as girls! Ryan hopes you certainly get them under control before his next babysitting job!! :D lol

Chris said...

Nolen's reaction at the end is hilarious!

Whit said...

I love Nolan's laugh. So funny.

Luckily I have not had the chance to hear that at my table yet... but I KNOW IT IS COMING. Seeing how Reagan screams for attention all ready.

Unknown said...

haha oh my gosh I am laughing so hard! That is hilarious! How do they hit that pitch?!?! That is amazing!! Josh will love this!

Katie said...

Hahaha. Good luck with those boys. I didn't know little boys could scream at such a high pitch. I guess I will be more grateful for our quiet dinner tonight. :)

Zwick family said...

Hi Jess. This is Andrea (Zwick) Fredric. How are you feeling? I agree that you should get a girl this time. I am due in 5 weeks and cannot wait to be done!! Let us know when you find out. Love you!

Angie Whitman said...

That is wonderful news...Congrats on the pregnancy and everything! Looks like Georgia is treating you guys well. Hope to see you soon!

Sherry Armstrong said...

Grandma is proud of her boys! I didn't know that there was screaming at the dinner table! I am so glad there is laughter and fun, you guys have done such a good job, and I think another boy would be fun, but I would also welcome a girl! Love you all. Grandma Sherry

JAMIE said...

that is hilarious. We have tons of testosterone too, and that doesn't help the pitch come down at all. :)

Nicole H. said...

Yep, that is about what we deal with here. Sorry a girl will not help much. Only make it more DRAMA!!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! They are so much like my boys. I am sure they would still be best buddies if you guys lived here :(.

A girl will add a great mix to the bunch!!!

Lightning McQueens said...

HEY HEY, we're all about you visiting in may (that was not meant to rhyme--but what can i do?) our schedule is pretty open except for soccer and volleyball games on saturday. let me know dates. hip hip hooray!!