Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mothers Day Mom!


One of the greatest and most emotional moments of my life was the birth of my first son, Chase. I can remember immediately feeling this overwhelming surge of love that I had for this beautiful newborn baby. I remember the very first call I made was to my mom. I knew that she knew what I was feeling at that exact moment. Not much was said, verbally, during that phone call, but I realized at that moment how much she loved me.

As a fairly new mom (Chase is now 4, Nolan is 2) I am constantly reminded of how much she did for our family. She raised 6 children...enough said! I do not remember a sporting event that she did not attend, a recital that she did not help us prepare for, or a school project that didn't have her expert touch!

Some of the most memorable moments of my childhood include my birthday and Christmas time. My mom had a way of making those days feel magical. I loved waking up on my birthday and feeling like everyone knew it was my birthday, that is how special my mom made me feel that day. Thank you mom!

The most important thing my mom gave to me was a little piece of her testimony of the Savior, Jesus Christ. I knew her strength as an individual and mom came because of her relationship with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. She taught us to look to Him in all things and this could be seen by the many sacred pictures of the Savior, Jesus Christ throughout our home. I knew I could turn to the Savior and feel His love and healing power in my life because of a mother who taught me the truth.

I love you mom with all of my heart!

9 comments:

Krissy said...

Jess, Your mom was a wonderful mother and an amazing example to me in my life. I am so grateful for all the many things your mom was able to teach me as well. She saved me many of times through some tough teenage years just by letting me be in your home as much as she did. I will be forever grateful for your mother in my life as well, and you and Amanda are just following in her wonderful footsteps. I just love keeping in touch with you two this way. I hope you had a great mothers day Jess! Love ya!

Carissa, Brandon, Carly, & Tyler said...

Jess- I remember a sporting event she didn't attend- when I got married and Josh went to his B-ball game! Thank goodness mom made the right choice and came to my reception! Josh however will never live it down! Can't wait to see you guys in about a week!

Angie Whitman said...

That was really sweet to read. I also am very impressed with Hank's tribute to his mom! What guy does that??? Amazing!

So are you planning a little trip to the West coast this summer or to the hot dessert?? Come on, you know you want to see me!

Nichols Family said...

Jessica- I got your email that you were looking for people...I'm happy I was on your list. I can't believe you guys moved away! Well, so did we, but now we're back in AZ! Stop by my blog anytime. Good to hear about your family and catch up.
Jennie Nichols

Laurie said...

Now that I know I can make a comment...I want you to know that you were my life saver...well, you and Krissy. As crazy as times got, I have to say, I still had a life because you were willing to give me a break and tend 'the gang'...especially the way Dad and I liked them to be tended...to bed on time, homework done, etc.
Just like I have always said, "Jessica was supposed to be the Mom, it's just that my competitive edge beat her out of our race to earth." Thanks, Jess, for the great example you were to your siblings...you raised them right.
Love you,
Mom

Krissy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSICA!!! Oh the joy Jess has brought into the lives of a lot of people. Mainly her parents and myself, oh and maybe her husband. You see, Jess pretty much ran the show of the Jergensen home. I tried to take over occassionly but then would realize I didn't stand a chance. Jessica is an amazing person, always has been and always will be. She is a great example to us all. She has her priorities in order and I only wish that I could live close to her so that she could rub off on me a little more! I hope you have a great day Jess, and have fun in Ca. with everyone. I can't wait to see the pictures of you all and to hear all about it! Love you to death!

Nicole H. said...

Hey Jess sorry but I can't find your email. I wanted to say happy birthday to you. I'd call but I figured you would be with the family today. I know you'll be seeing Susan soon. Hope you have a great time. And hope your day today was amaizing!

Evelyn said...

Sweet, Jessica! What a cute pic of your mom.
Oh my goodness... I can't believe your "drama" post. That is too funny! Ha! I miss those two little guys!

Unknown said...

Such sweet posts for both of your mom's, I loved reading it.

Hope all is well--life is crazy for us :), but finally starting to get back into my OCD routine :)!

--Jen Roper